― October 22, 2020
Med-TSO, of which TEİAŞ is among the members, is initiating its third project TEASIMED with the support of European Commission after successful completion Mediterranean Project 1 (MP1) and Mediterranean Project 2 (MP 2). New project envisages 6 studies to be carried out:
1. Updating the Mediterranean Master Plan (MMP);
2. Consolidating the common technical regulatory framework;
3. Identifying and putting into operation some of the selected Interconnected Electricity Exchange Zones (IEEZ), with a view of increasing electricity exchanges in the region;
4. Optimizing planning capacities and operation procedures;
5. Establishing the Med-TSO Knowledge Sharing System;
6. Providing efficient support to the UfM Regional Electricity Market Platform, in close collaboration with the Association of the Mediterranean Regulators for Energy, MEDREG.
With TEASIMED, Med-TSO intends to focus more of its activities on the practical implementation of the guidelines, rules, and methodologies defined in the first two projects by developing pilot projects in selected areas of the Mediterranean region and strengthening the cooperation in Operation. More specifically, this new initiative includes the launch of a pilot project for implementing and harmonising Technical and Operational Rules in the Maghreb countries. It also envisages a stronger coordination of the national Network Development Plans with the definition of coordinated procedures in the Operation area for a better utilisation of the existing interconnection capacity and promoting the development of new key interconnection projects.
TEİAŞ, a member and vice president of Med-TSO, will continue support in the TEASIMED project like MP1 and MP2, and Turkish electricity transmission system will be a part of international projects.